What Are the 5 Stages of Rehabilitation in Sports?
The 5 stages of rehabilitation in sports are as follows:
- Rest and Protection: This stage is the most important for healing your injury, so it is important to rest and protect the injured area from further damage. Make sure you get enough sleep and nutrition to help with the healing process.
- Restore Range of Motion: Once the swelling and inflammation have gone down, we can begin to restore your range of motion in the injured area. This may include stretching and performing gentle exercises to help increase your flexibility and strength.
- Strengthen Muscles: After restoring your range of motion, we can slowly start to strengthen the muscles around the injury site. This will help to improve your overall strength and support the area from further damage.
- Increase Activity Level: Gradually increase your activity level as you become stronger until you can return to full-contact sports with no limitations.
- Return to Sport: After completing all of the stages of rehabilitation, you should be ready to return to play and perform at your best.
What Other Services Do You Offer?
Stay Active Rehabilitation offers a wide range of personalized treatment programs including physiotherapy services, manual therapy, medical acupuncture and sports rehabilitation for professional athletes with direct billing to many insurance companies. Some of the common conditions our professional team can help with include the following:
- Chronic pain reduction
- Knee pain
- Overuse injuries
- Soft tissue injuries
- Ankle injuries
- Chronic injury management
- Future injury prevention